Saturday, August 7, 2010

Family Love

"The family is one of nature's masterpieces" --George Santayana


I don't know how to describe how I feel at the moment! I actually feel kind of hyper and just very very happy. I thoroughly enjoyed myself today- actually, I feel like this was probably the most enjoyable family tea party ever (though I wish everyone could have been there, of course). I feel like there was an amazing connection with everyone today.

I always enjoy family gatherings and our annual tea parties, but today just felt different. A very good different. Maybe it's because of the changes in myself that made it better... or it was just one of those wonderful days in this gift of life. Whatever it was, I feel blessed and I thank God for being surrounded by the women in my family today.

Today I had the honor of being with my 99 year old Granny, three aunts, my mom, five cousins and two lil second cousins. My Uncle Tom was there as well-- he was the photographer and my lil cousin Luke was his assistant. So there were some guys too! haha Great times!

Our annual tea parties consist of eating and talking and today was the same. Today was neat though because we were able to ask Granny some questions about her life and we captured her answering them on video. It's so fascinating to learn about how events in history affected her personal life (such as Pearl Harbor Day). She's an amazing woman! And so funny too!

The rest of the afternoon we continued to talk with each other and enjoy each other's company. My lil cousin Brooke played dress up with Mandy-- and before long, I was told to join in on the activity. After our dress-up parade ended, I played with her brother, we had an imaginary pool in the living room (they came over to swim at our house the other day so Luke has strong memories of that!). Luke called me "Swimmer." haha We had a grand time playing together in our pretend pool; we collected seashells and lots of clams.

Sighhh... what a great day!

No comments: