Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Reason for the Season

This is sort of a Part 2 to my previous post... I feel it is important to share these beautiful song lyrics with all of you. Whenever I would hear this song on the radio, it would instantly hit me as to why we have this beautiful Christmas season. I so needed that profound reminder this season. I'm embarrassed and frustrated to admit that I have not given God as much as my time in thinking about His amazing miracle as I should...

Christmas is about Jesus. That precious little baby boy that came into this world and would one day grow up to be the ultimate sacrifice for mankind-- He was the One to make it so that we can have a friendship with God... He's the One who shed His pure and innocent blood so that we could be made right with our Creator.

Hard to even put it all into words. Thank goodness for amazing songs. The song "You're Here" by Francesca Battistelli really made me think. It explains the purpose of Jesus' birth and His life through Mary's perspective. Totally hits home. You can listen to the song on YouTube (the link should go straight to music video of the song). Here are the lyrics:

Hold on now, I gotta take a deep breath
I don’t know what to say when I look in your eyes
You made the world before I was born
Here I am holding You in my arms tonight

Noel, Noel Jesus our Emmanuel

You’re here
I’m holding You so near
I’m staring into the face of my Savior King and Creator
You could’ve left us on our own
But You’re here

Don’t know how long I’m gonna have You for
But I’ll be watching when You change the world
Look at Your hands, they’re still so small
Someday You’re gonna stretch them out and save us all

Noel, Noel, God with us Emmanuel

You’re here, I’m holding You so near
I’m staring into the face of my Savior King and Creator
You could’ve left us on our own
But You’re here, You’re here

Someday I’m gonna look back on this
The night that God became a baby boy
Someday You’re gonna go home again,
But You leave your spirit and flood the world with joy

You’ll be here, I’m holding You so near
I’m staring into the face of my Savior, King and Creator
You could’ve left me on my own, but You’re here… You’re here

Hallelujah, You’re here
Hallelujah, You’re here

No comments: