Sunday, January 9, 2011

There Could Never Be Enough Time

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. "
--Winnie the Pooh

I'm feeling pretty sad, worried, and anxious as I write tonight. Unfortunately, 2011 has started out not too nicely. While I certainly understand that this is not the worst thing in the world that could happen-- it still is important to me and affects me.

A couple of days ago, my little kitty, Minnie was having issues going to the bathroom. So we took her into the vet-- figuring it was just a case of bad constipation. Sometime after Minnie was cleared out the vet had time to look over her more thoroughly. Confirming my worst fear, the vet discovered cancer in her colon.

Tomorrow Minnie goes back to the vet to get looked at even more closely (they're doing an ultrasound). The visit tomorrow will tell us whether or not the tumor is treatable.

I am hoping beyond all hope that we can get it operated on. I can't imagine putting her down any day soon... it's so hard to even think about that... She is acting normal, her fur is beautiful and fluffy, she's generally happy (though you can tell she's a little uncomfortable), meowing all the time (as usual), and being her funny quirky self. I just can't imagine having to let her go now... but I also can't imagine her suffering either. A nightmare either way...

It's amazing how these little precious animals can become such a big part of the family. Animals make the best companions-- they're so faithful, loving, and consistent. They also know us better than we think... I won't forget the day when Granny fell down again. I was so sad and Minnie knew something was wrong. She was so sweet to let me hold her-- the exact kind of comfort that I needed.

I just hope that we have more time with her, my last cat. She's the last of the three that I have had in my life-- who I fondly call, "The Originals." I miss my other two kitties terribly. Just last year, on the 4th of July, we had to put down our kitty Chatty. Ugh... that was so sad.

I wish these animals could live longer, but even so a hundred years wouldn't be enough. I don't think there could ever be enough time with those that you love-- human or animal. Even a thousand years wouldn't be enough...

Hoping for good news tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. Our animals are so important and meaningful to us, it is hard to imagine life without them. I hope that whatever the outcome, you have been able to spend all the time you needed with your loved pet. I am praying for you both right now.

-Shawn