Friday, June 3, 2011

5 on Friday: Summary of Week


Well, here it is... Friday already. It is also June! What a crazy, crazy week. For this week's "5 on Friday" I am going to just summarize what happened in these past few days.
  • Substituted on Wednesday (1st) and Thursday (2nd) in the 2nd grade class at my favorite school. I have subbed for this class several times this year so I know the routine well. I'm so happy to say that these were the best two days I have had with them all year. I give them credit as well as myself ;-) I intend to write a post soon about substituting and will explain more about why these were two good days.
  • In addition to subbing, I tutored at Sylvan in the evenings on Wednesday and Thursday. Whew! That means I worked a total of 21 hours in two days. Very exhausting but lucrative.
  • Bad news: Mom broke her right wrist on Wednesday. She was walking with a friend during their break at work and were in a crosswalk. Some truck cut in front of them (something like that) and Mom was trying to get the driver's attention-- so she was waving at them. In the process of avoiding getting hit and yelling at the driver, my mom fell down hard and literally broke the fall with her wrist. Thankfully the break isn't in need of surgery. Needless to say, it is interesting around here! That was crazy to come home to after a long day of working. Whew, again.
  • I woke up today with a stuffed nose and sore/swollen tonsils. So many sick bugs going around! My sister is close to being done with her cold. I feel thankful that I don't have the flu-like bug that's out there. Hope to avoid that!
  • Seriously loving the sunshine & blue skies today. Praise God! I wish I could be out on some adventure but I'm still enjoying it. :)
Happy Friday to all of you!! 

_____
Because I'm paranoid, I want to note that I do not take credit for the picture used in this post. While I strongly prefer to use my own pictures, I found this one through Google Images and wanted to use it. The full res picture is on Flickr - photographer is Rune T. You can see it here.

No comments: