Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Arrivals & Departures

Oh, it has been a busy season so far. I was on such a writing kick there for a few weeks and now it has dwindled a bit. My schedule isn't super crazy but it is slowly progressing to be that way. Starting at the end of this month I will be doing my ESOL practicum for three full-time weeks. I am looking forward to learning from my mentor and gaining more knowledge on teaching students with language needs.

Anyhow, while my own personal life hasn't been too hectic, there have been lots of coming and going for people in "my" house (seems funny to write that phrase now, I am looking forward to the day when I really have my own house!).

Shortly after my mom arrived back from Singapore, my sister left for Georgia to see her boyfriend. He is in basic training right now - it was Family Weekend. They had a great time seeing each other, but it also made the goodbye difficult. Exciting news though: they are engaged! On October 8th, Dustin proposed :)

Courtesy of my sister & her cell 
The timing is questionable as to when the wedding will take place - as we do not know exactly when he will be back. Sarah is hoping for Christmas time. We shall see! This will be a big transition for them when the time comes. I hope my sister will be happy with her decision to be an Army wife.

Sarah returned home on the 10th, and within a few days our Costa Rican friend, Leonor arrived. She is here doing volunteer work for the Partners of the Americas. Unfortunately, the director that she works with here is a bit disorganized so she hasn't been able to do too much. Leonor will be here until November 3rd. Certainly interesting having her here- she was here earlier this summer for Granny's 100th birthday party, and then we went back with her for about two weeks. This visiting time is a little more challenging, simply due to the timing of when she is here and well, ya know how it is when you have spent a lot of time with someone.... ;-)

So there has been lots of arriving and departing around here. Lots of changes!

While all this has been going on Fall's colors have gotten richer and crunchier. Today is one of those wonderful clear warm Fall days. I had a pretty good run too, but I will save that for another post. :)

Hope that you are enjoying this season ... or whatever one you may be in!

No comments: