Monday, October 11, 2010

A Fall Moment in His Design

Yes, today is a two post day!

When I got done with my run today, I came inside to grab some water and then I got my phone too. Then I went and sat on the deck to stretch. I'm so glad I had my phone with me because I was absolutely captivated by the nature that surrounded me. I used my phone to take a few pictures because I wanted to remember that moment. I could have used my actual camera but I didn't want to move from where I was. I wanted to be still...

I was sitting on the deck and enjoying the beauty of the fall crisp air, the bright sunshine at its funny Autumn angle and the blue sky-- that was painted with a few light wispy clouds. I also thoroughly enjoyed admiring the sparkling dew on the lush green grass, listening to the sounds of kids playing, and watching the dancing golden and orange leaves on the trees... Amazing. I always feel so close to God in those moments. He reminds me that nature is a reality just like He is. He's in everything- He sees it all and knows it all so intimately. I feel so blessed to have such a personal Savior. He's never distant from me, He is always there no matter what.

From the Autumn leaves, that will ride the breeze to faith it takes to pray and sing, from the painted sky, to my plank filled eye, He is God of all, He is everything....

I'm giving my life to the only One who makes the moon reflect the sun... Every starry night, that was His design... *




*You can listen to this beautiful song here , "Starry Night" by Chris August.


2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Amazing. I did the same thing on my run last Saturday. Stop and take a moment to take it all in and just be in awe of creation. Makes you appreciate all we are given!

Anonymous said...

Angela, what a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your pictures. God *is* amazing and it is such a gift to soak in His presence through our connection with nature. I'm so glad you were able to have your time of stillness and quiet. - Shawn