Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July Celebrations

"This nation will remain the land of the free only as long as it is the home of the brave." -- Elmer Davis

I have much blogging to catch up on but I thought I would do a separate post for the 4th of July (as I have done each year) and then do a few posts with updates. I think I will let the pictures do most of the talking....

The day started out with picking lettuce... I got a bit carried away and picked it all! haha It's not the best kind, very limp. So we are growing Romaine which will be better for salads. We are first time gardeners so this is all a learning experience!
Picking away, quite happily. 
LOTS of lettuce!
Mr. took a picture of me - I need to teach him a few tricks of photography but hey, I made him pick lettuce... a girl can't complain too much right?! ;-)
We had so much it was more efficient to wash it all in the sink. I enjoyed "swishling" it around.
My B and I went to the Blues Festival on the Waterfront in PDX. I loved watching people and the music was pretty good. He is so good at getting me out and about!

Yes! Our corn is "knee high by the 4th of July" :) Yay!! As of today it is even taller!
I was attempting to do a slow shutter picture of Mom with a sparkler.
The day ended with watching people around the neighborhood set off illegal fireworks. We hung out with our neighbors from next door and lit a few sparklers. I loved hearing people out and about hooting and hollering as they lit off fireworks. What a great 4th of July! 

No comments: