Friday, July 8, 2011

5 on Friday: Great Blogs

Can you believe it, 3 posts in a day? I am on a roll! haha I am going to (hopefully) type this up quickly so I can get off the computer. Been looking at it too much today! Some of it has been productive and the other has been messin' around. I follow several blogs and enjoy reading them... and then just finding other ways to distract myself.

Anyway- to stop my rambling, I am going to highlight 5 blogs that I am crazy about right now. I love all the blogs I follow and will feature them over time.
Pretty Petal Studio on Etsy
These wonderful blogs are listed in no particular order, fyi:

  • Flower Patch Farmgirl (visit her here)~ I can't get enough of this gal, Shannan! She is so witty, honest and hilarious. She lives in a "geek chic farmhouse" (as described on Apartment Therapy, her house is featured on there right now) with her husband and three adopted children. I love her stories about her children and all of their adventures. Though she lives far away from me in Indiana, I feel like she's next door. Last night she wrote a great post about blogging, you can read it here.
  • Going Home to Roost (visit her here) ~ Bonnie is the author of this fabulous eco-friendly, creative (she's an amazing DYI-er), and simplicity blog. She often features great photographers, similar to that of Pretty Petal Studio (she may have even featured PPS at some point, not sure). Whenever I read Bonnie's blog, I feel like I step into a world full of possibilities. She makes me get excited about decorating inexpensively- within the past year and half she has moved twice... she went from her long-time home of North Carolina to Colorado Springs, CO and now she's in Solvang, CA (lucky girl). Each time she's moved she has created wonderfully 'nested' (as she likes to say) homes.
  • This Chick's Got Style (visit her here) ~ Yara, from Amsterdam is about my age and is quite the fashion stylist. This blog is quite different than others that I follow -- in that it's all about clothing and styling. I love it though! It's just fun to follow her lifestyle and she has great pictures. 
  • What Kate Wore (visit here) ~ Okay, this is a mini-confession, but I seriously love Kate "Middleton" (no longer that now) 's style. I have been quite intrigued with following her lately, as she and Prince William are on their big tour right now. I know everyone has their opinions of them, but I am impressed with them as a couple in the royal family. I love how Kate recycles pieces of clothing (though of course all of it is highly expensive), they seem to be sincere in their philanthropic causes, and what is so nice to see is that they look genuinely happy together. Oh, I must note- I do like this blog a lot because the author often has a more personal piece in a lot of the posts. She features some touching stories- like the one about this lady, Mrs. Miller, read it here (you'll have to scroll down). I also love the story about this precious little girl with Stage IV cancer getting to meet Kate- you can read it here (scroll down too).
  • Kate Middleton Style (visit here) ~ Again, another blog about her style. I prefer the layout of the one listed above, but this is still a fun one to read. Yes, I am a nerd ;-)
And there you have it folks! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: