Friday, July 8, 2011

Lovely Beach-y Weekend (2)

As promised, here are the other days of the time I spent at the beach. It was so hard to leave on Monday!

Sunday, July 3rd:
We heard about this great pharmacy in a small town (with a soda fountain) only 2 miles away. This was some of the countryside on the way there-- it always reminds me of pictures of Europe. Sadly- when we arrived in the lil town we realized the pharmacy is closed. They take Sundays very seriously in that town- not a soul was out. haha
Mom & I took a walk on the beach (different part of it) in the afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was in awe of the beauty. Ya know, I just can't get enough of that seafoamy green- you see it when the waves crash over.... 
I put my feet in the super cold water! On the far left you can see I'm going "AHHH!" Yeah, I couldn't feel the bottoms of my feet for quite awhile. No joke either! I loved it and did put them in several times after these were taken. The ocean says "come to me, come to me...". I swear, it does. ;-)
I love the lacey edges of the waves as they spread out thinly....
Someone had quite the time building this sand castle. They were quite serious about it too, moat and all.
The day ended with a spectacular sunset... I took about 60 pictures ;-)
There's nothing like the colors in nature. Wow
Monday, July 4th:
On Monday, Mom & I headed home. Granny stayed with an aunt and cousin for the next few days.  Anyway, this is a picture of the flags on the bridge in town. 
We had to stop in this town of Sheridan (which we say with a long rolling 'r' because of the show  "Keeping Up Appearances") to get DQ. I had a Vanilla Carmel milkshake. Ooo yum. So unhealthy but so good!
Hope all of you had a wonderful, safe and happy 4th of July weekend! :) I'm thankful this year's 4th was much better- I can't believe it has been a year since we put down our cat Chatty. Crazy how time flies. 

Ah... so much to remember, and in all of that there is so much to be thankful for....

No comments: