Sunday, March 4, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Moo'd Smoothie

One of my new addictions is getting the tasty drink Peanut Butter Moo'd from Jamba Juice. I decided to try it one day and have been hooked since! I crave that combination of all natural peanut butter, chocolate, frozen yogurt, and banana. Absolutely delicious!

Earlier in the week I decided to give this drink a try since I had all of the ingredients. I have to say, I was quite pleased with the results but do need to tweak my concoction next time.





Ingredients
All-Natural Peanut Butter (usedAdam's)
Soy milk/Almond milk (used Almond)
Chocolate syrup or cocoa(used Hershey syrup)
Half a banana (you can use more depending on preference)
Vanilla frozen yogurt (used Haagen Dasz)

Recipe
1. Use about 1/4 cup of almond milk and pour it in the blender
2. Scoop 2-4 large spoon fulls of fro yo and add it in (honestly, you just have to guess on this part, depends on how thick you want your smoothie- I used 2 to start with then added 2 more when I discovered the smoothie was too thin, and blended a lil bit more to mix in)
3. Add chocolate to your preferred taste
4. Use 1/2 a banana or more and slice it up a little so it is easier to blend (unless you have a much newer snazzy blender-- ours is older than the hills but works fine)
5. Use about 1/4 or a lil less than 1/2 cup of peanut butter or more
6. Blend together!

This is probably the most vague recipe ever but smoothies sort of lend themselves to be that way. You have to add the ingredients to your liking, especially in this recipe. (if you search the internet for this drink you'll see lots of options)

Notes: 
*Make sure to use bananas have the first lil spots on them -- I used bananas that had lots of spots on them and I think that created a slightly funny after-taste. So, bananas in this case are better if they are close to ripe but not green and stiff. 
*My cup was 14 oz and the combination of ingredients filled to the top. This amount could serve 2 though because it is quite filling.
*Perhaps less peanut butter next time?! Not sure on this because I need to try it with different bananas. 

Ah... so good! I will have to make this again! 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

<3 Andrea <3 said...

O MY! I will have to try this! I love the chocolate and peanut butter combination and I love bananas too! it's probably my favorite flavor combo! thanks for posting the recipe!! <3