Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Outfit Inspiration: Feminine Military Look

 How to be lovely via Pinterest

I have been a fan of Olivia Palermo's style for quite some time. She always wears simple outfits with the right amount of accessories.

Why I love this outfit -- Combination of layers with a ruffled top, long cardigan and a great military style coat (speaking of which, I hear that the military look is supposed to be big again this coming Fall). I have to note though, I love how she put a belt around the waist of the coat, it really adds that finishing touch to the look.

I hope to make my own version of this look sometime. This would be perfect for a Fall/mild Winter day. :)

P.S. It's snowing (very unexpectedly) tonight so these layers look great! The calendar says it's Spring but it certainly isn't looking that way here. I love it!
____________________

"Outfit Inspiration" is a new feature on my blog. I got this idea from one of my favorite bloggers, Courtney at Charmed in PDX. She features outfits that she likes in posts called "Outfit Crush" (you can see her most recent post here). I thought that was an awesome idea and wanted to make my own version. I exchanged a few lovely emails with her and she thought it was just fine. So in all teacher fashion-- I spied a fabulous idea to try, made it my own and credited the original source! Thanks Courtney! :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

This looks great Angela and I can't wait to see what other outfits inspire you!

Angela said...

Courtney, thanks so much! Glad you like my outfit inspiration posts! They're really fun :)