Friday, September 30, 2011

Smoothie, Subbing & Sinks

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if you try!"                   --Dr. Seuss

Okay, this is my mixed bag post! I have a little list of things I want to write about, but don't want to do two or three separate posts.

As I am writing this, I am sipping on a smoothie, thinking about this whole discombobulated week (love that big 'd' word, for its looks, it is Angela-ish - not real fond of feeling this way tho). I will be honest in saying that I have been disorganized, fairly lazy (I have been joining in with my sister as she is on her break in between terms), distractable, and strangely, all that the same time, very inspired. How that all goes together, is beyond me! ha ha

Well, okay, I may have one itty bitty idea... Um, I am going to confess something here: I have just discovered the wonderful world of PINTEREST. Yes, I don't normally write things in caps as that means you are yelling, but this is worthy of those big letters. I have seen this website mentioned on a few blogs (believe Flower Patch Farmgirl was one of them...) and decided to check out... Oh my, I am not sure if that was a good idea or not!! On one hand I feel incredibly inspired and mentally rejuvenated, on the other hand and foot-- I am so horribly addicted... So bad that I even got my sister hooked on it! ;-) Anyhow... at least I did end up making something, the smoothie:


This is called a Green Monster Smoothie, which comes from Sing For Your Supper blog via Pinterest. For the most part I like this smoothie, I mainly taste the banana and strawberries (I used 5 big strawberries). I think next time I will add more yogurt (I used honey flavored Greek yogurt since we don't use honey much). Also, this would be much better if mango was added. I think this needs more sweetness and tanginess. Overall though, not bad. You don't taste the spinach at all!

Now that you know what I am sippin' on (actually it is all consumed now), I will continue with the rest of what I have to say: Today was a subbing day! I subbed in the same classroom from last time (4th grade), but only in the afternoon. I was a bit apprehensive about it being Friday and the afternoon, but the kids surprised me! They were pretty good for the most part- I was the one that made them get riled up at one point... ha. ;-) So, the kids were working quietly on their writing and one suggested that I put on music. Knowing that their teacher has done that in the past, I thought it would be a nice idea. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any calming tranquil CDs.... Sooo I made the huge mistake of putting on a CD with the first song being the "YMCA." Um, yeah. As Sara says, fail. Okay, it wasn't that bad though they all started doing the hand motions.. obviously, not writing... So I let them have about a minute of it and then told them if they continued to do their work and stay on task, they could have music time later. Whew.... Rest of the afternoon was just fine, thank heavens.

... On to a totally different topic, sinks. As a way to procrastinate on writing an annotated bibliography and other homework, I decided to unclog the bathroom sink that my sister and I share. I have been wanting to deal with it but hadn't decided how to go about fixing the problem. So, thanks to Tidy Mom via Pinterest I was reminded of an easy, simple, green cleaning solution: vinegar and baking soda! I knew I needed something that would effervesce (in college I unclogged a drain with Mentos and Coke). Unfortunately, our sink was very clogged so I had to use a few tools in addition to B & BS. It took big tweezers, a flashlight, little tweezers, and some hot water (and several B & BS rinses). I am still not completely done with it. Last night my uncle gave me this nifty tool to dig under the plug. I think I will go mess with that now...

Isn't it beautiful?! I should have done a before pic but just know that it was very clogged. 
Always good: Vinegar and Baking Soda. Natural  & economical.
*Dad came over on Saturday and showed me how to take out the plug. Now our bathroom sink flows even better!

Happy Friday to all!!!

No comments: