Thursday, September 22, 2011

What I Am Into, Summer 2011

As it is officially the first day of Fall tomorrow, I thought I better record some things about this summer. This season has gone by quickly and now we are about to transition. I am ready for the most part and hopeful that this Fall will be a peaceful cozy season.

So, with that said, here is what I have been into this Summer. I got this idea from my cousin at Simply Authentic, and she got it from Sorta Crunchy (who "stole it" from Adventures in Babywearing's post). I love blogging! Ideas circulate pretty darn fast on here. I always love it when I find fun posts like this.

What I Am Into ~ Summer 2011

On My Nightstand:
 Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews... been working on this for over 2 months. I love it but I have not had much time to read nor the focus.. haha Attempting to getting back in the reading routine!

Want to Read:
This list is incredibly long! I would love to read more books on living simply and eating healthy. Also, my favorites are biographies/autobiographies. However, after finishing Julie Andrews' book I have these on my nightstand as well, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (my friend Jennifer wants me to read this series, apparently it is much better quality than Twilight...not hard to believe!), God in the Alley by Greg Paul (a book from a cousin), and then Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda (he has another book out too- love this guy, I am a big fan of MASH).

TV Show Worth Watching:
Uh, honestly I didn't watch much TV this summer. My family and I tend to watch shows on DVD. If I had more time (or desire- I watch TV more in the Fall & Spring) I probably would have watched "So You Think You Can Dance" - it is a neat show to watch.

Movie I've Seen (in or out of the theater):
"One Day" starring Anne Hathaway. I loved this movie! It was a book made into a movie- it is more of a "dark chick flick." I will admit, it made me get a little choked up.... haha

In My Kitchen: Well, in our kitchen there are lots of tomatoes. Yay for a great tomato season!!!

In My Ears: Mostly country music but lately I have been listening to this new modern music radio station (basically pop culture type). I have decided though that I do like Adele. She has an interesting voice.

Newest Blog/Internet Reads:
Hmm.. Haven't really come across any new reads this summer . I always like finding different blogs to follow. I am sure I will in the next few months (especially when I am procrastinating on homework and browsing Blogger!). I already follow several blogs but I don't always keep up to date with every single one. Right now I am consistently reading Domestically Challenged, Flower Patch Farmgirl (she is so inspiring, funny and honest. Love her writing style), Going Home to Roost, Simple Frugalista, and a few fashion blogs.

What I Am Looking Forward to Next Month:
Beautiful fall colors (I hope! Let it be a good photography season!)
More subbing experience, have a few jobs lined up for the month. :)
Fall foods-- soups, stews, pumpkin foods, warm drinks
Fall scents-- love love love the smell of fall: cinnamon, pumpkin spice, cranberry... all great candle scents!
Seeing how my new cats adjust to the colder weather; should be amusing.

Hope you all have had a great Summer 2011! Here's to a Happy Fall 2011!

No comments: