Monday, January 9, 2012

JOP: My Bedroom

I was fairly productive over the weekend despite my slow-as-molasses-in-January tendencies. I finally managed to take care of my room and boy, was it a worthwhile endeavor. I started my giant cleanup project late in the day on Saturday, but once I got going I couldn't stop and I wanted to complete what I had started. So even when the sun set I forged on (I love sounding so over-the-top about this but you'll appreciate my efforts when you see the before and after pictures).

I de-cluttered my space, put clothes back in my closet, put dirty ones in the laundry basket, dusted, rearranged toiletries and jewelry, put unwanted items in bags for Union Gospel, made space for my boots in my closet (thanks to a cousin's suggestion-- used old magazines to roll up inside of them so they stand up and keep their shape), and all other things that are needed in to transform a messy room. :) The only thing left that I need to do is vacuum, particularly under my desk where my CPU was for a long time. I am so thankful that Dad has that computer now -- took that to him on Friday and that also inspired me to dig out.

Hip, hip, hooray for January cleaning!

BEFORE, Angle 1


AFTER

~
BEFORE, Angle 2


AFTER


Not an exact after but you get the point... :)
~

BEFORE, Angle 3


AFTER


~~
Some other lovely pictures...
Coco Chanel thought she would help with the decluttering process by taking out an item, some peacock feathers (that I thought were out of a cat's reach). Stinker cat!
Needed a place for this fun Christmas gift- the peacock placemat. It is pretty funky looking and  I like it!
This space makes me SO happy now!
Happy Monday to you all! Hope you have had a good start to the week... I started my reading practicum and will be quite busy for the next few weeks.

No comments: