Wednesday, January 4, 2012

JOP: Sorting Drawers

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." --Hans Hofman

As I stated yesterday, today's goal was to clean out my plastic drawers with stationery. Mission accomplished! I was slow moving to get anything done, but once I got going then I was determined to finish the project.

After doing an errand this morning, I put "You've Got Mail" on and pulled out my drawers. 

BEFORE


AFTER




Below: Also an 'after' box. This was the third drawer underneath the stationery drawers. I rearranged a few things and put my scrapbooking items in this one. Now all of my stamps, stickers, labels, and paper decorations are in the same drawer. I moved my 8.5'' x 11'' paper for backgrounds to a hanging folder in my desk drawer. My scrapbooking items have been all over the place so it feels good to have them organized.



Below: I picked up this cute little storage container to further help keep me organized with all my cards. I am using the top drawer for cards to be sent out and for the small calendar*. I recorded family and friends' birthdays and anniversaries (they will also be put on my big calendar that I will be getting soon- for Christmas this year we all forgot to get each other calendars so I ordered a fun one).

The second drawer is for gold seals from Hallmark (sometimes I like to use them) and stamps.

You might be able to tell but the last drawer is for all my post-its. I use these all of the time!

This little drawer set is now on my desk and looks so cute.


So that is what I did today!!! I love these types of organization projects. Office supplies are also quite satisfying to me. :) I am not sure if I will get much done tomorrow (my sister is getting her wisdom teeth out so she'll need some assistance), but I might do some laundry at least. I would love to go through my closet. That is the one area I can never stop simplifying! I'm amazed at how much I find when I evaluate what I have and what isn't necessary anymore. 

I'll keep you updated on my January project!


* Note on the calendar: This was given to my Mom from a family friend (I don't know him or his family at all but my mom and her parents knew them from living in Eastern Oregon together). Anyway, his name is Eric Valentine and he does amazing photography of nature, especially of landscapes in Oregon. His website is called "Praise! Photgraphy" and his blog can be accessed here. He is a very neat man who has a passion for God's creation, very inspirational. :)



1 comment:

<3 Andrea <3 said...

well look at you miss organized!! good job.it feels so nice doesn't it? and good movie to do it by ;)