Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blessings, Confessions & A Funny Story

This is post goes along with my previous one, "Friday to Friday." All of these events happened within that time period and I think they're good to share. :)

Blessings:
--My uncle fixed my computer on Monday night. The power supply had given out but thankfully he had an extra one he could use to fix it. After he got my computer up and running he scanned it for viruses and other things. I feel very fortunate to have my computer back! I also got it just in time so that I could finish my midterm on it, which was great. I prefer to work on my bigger screen than our mini-notebook.

--I have thoroughly been enjoying the beautiful fall days here. We've had many days where the mornings are chilly but then the afternoons are in the 70's. Beautiful blue skies with pretty cirrus clouds. It's made for some glorious sunsets as well. *I'll post some of those pictures on here tomorrow if I remember!* Unfortunately, we are into the true fall weather as of today: wind and rain. This weekend is supposed to be kind of stormy. Looking out the window now I can see some dark clouds passing by...

--I feel so thankful to have been subbing so much! I am enjoying being a teacher again :)

Confessions:
--I have had the urge to shop recently... I haven't gotten overboard or anything but it always bothers me when all I want to do is shop, shop, shop! When mom and I went to Fred Meyer the other day I went with the intention to pick up my Burt's Bees shampoo and conditioner (which I did btw). We didn't have much time to shop because we needed to pick up my sister from her job. Despite the time though, I still managed to walk away with my Burt's Bees products in a new cute black purse! haha The good news is that the purse was on sale and I spent less than $20 for it. I've been looking for a new purse for quite some time because I have been using the same one for about two years. So... I suppose in some ways it is a valid purchase.

--And the shopping continues... ahhh.. I'm most likely going to order the burgundy version of the skirt I bought at Forever 21 a couple weeks ago. The horrible thing is I haven't had a chance to wear the teal colored one yet but I have this compelling "want" (not need!) to get the burgundy one. I guess it's because I have a cute outfit in mind and that color would look nice. *sigh*

--Guess the only thing going for me with this temptation is that I am conscious of how much money I'm spending. So while I am buying a few new things, I'm at least not breaking the bank. haha

A Funny Story:
--On Monday when I subbed for first grade, the students were supposed to complete several worksheets while I met with reading groups. One of the worksheets asked them to match the correct short "o" word with the corresponding picture. Like the other worksheets, I modeled how to complete them and made sure the students knew the instructions. Anyway, one student must have struggled with finding the word pop to go along with the picture of a pop can... She ended up writing "bere" under that picture! haha I saw her worksheet after reading groups and tried to explain the instructions again. Apparently, she didn't change her answer because at the end of the day the classroom teacher called me into her room (and the principal happened to be in the hall too so he came in).. and then she showed the worksheet and was cracking up. The principal thought it was hysterical! "Watch out for that sub!" haha I think that story spread like wildfire down through the primary wing. ;-)
~
Alrighty, now I better get ready for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Oh man, I can't stop giggling over the "bere" one! Hmm..wonder what they see at home!