Tuesday, March 6, 2012

11 Things

My cousin tagged me in a survey post a couple weeks ago, and now I am finally getting around to doing it. I absolutely love these kinds of posts!


Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.



11 Randoms About Me


1. Over the course of my life, I have received quite a few questions about my collar bones. For some reason they intrigue people. I guess it is because they are very noticeable and slightly uneven. Someone asked a long time ago if I had been in an accident... nope. A child one time asked, "What are those?!" Um, my bones... haha
2. While I love traveling, I actually think taking care of the home should be the first priority. Traveling happens every so often but home is where you are most of the time. Home should be comfortable, healthy and refreshing.
3. I love making up my own words to describe events or my reaction to something. Like wonky (okay maybe this one is a real word?! I swear it's mine!), flangily, flangey, tangily.... 
4. Years ago I picked out the names for my future children. I still love those names-- perhaps if I decide to adopt someday I will use them. Laugh all you want but if I have a daughter she will be named Ariel Michelle. ;-)
5. My comforter needs to be on me in order to sleep (usually use a lighter comforter in the summer). I need that heaviness on me. Also, cannot sleep with sheets-- only a comforter and blanket on top if necessary.
6. One of my two front teeth is slightly longer than the other. I have such a quirky body! haha
7. I love the smell of grapefruit but can't stand the taste.
8. While I am not into horoscopes and things of that nature, I find it fascinating how I am like my sign (Aquarius).
9. For a long time I was opposed to the cheetah/leopard/animal print but I think it can be cute depending on how it is used in the outfit.
10. I can't use lotions with heavy fragrances anymore -- like those from Bath and Body Works. I can use Vanilla and Cucumber scent lotions from them, however. I was using a lovely smell, Secret Wonderland, for awhile but then it started giving me headaches. 
11. I'm like a pendulum when it comes to living naturally. I go through periods where I don't like to spend money on natural products because they cost more, but then I have times where I am appalled at mass produced products. Currently, I am switching back to using natural body care products (Yes to Carrots is awesome!).


Elizabeth's 11 Questions for Me:


1. Favorite meal to cook at home? Hm.. that is a toss up between Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Vegetable Ziti. They're both delicious! The ziti is the faster meal to cook even though it requires time to chop up the veggies.


2. Favorite item in your wardrobe? Good question. I love my two new blazers, but I think I'll have to say my plaid shirt (s). Yeah, hard to be singular in this one ;-)


3. If you could go anywhere in the past or to an ideal location for a week starting tomorrow... where would you go and why? Well, I'm not sure how this will work but one of my favorite times was the Brew Festival in July last year. I spent the day with two of my friends and we all brought our guys. I had a wonderful time hanging out with everyone, in the warm summer sunshine, and feeling totally relaxed. I think what I liked best about that day was how I felt. I was being myself and very happy (I seriously smiled ear to ear! haha).  I would be happy if I could feel that way for a week or have that memory last a week (I'd be cool w/o the beer though).


4. If you could sit down with someone "famous" past or present for dinner, who would it be and why? Ooo lots of options here so this is another tough one. I think the child in me would have to say Amelia Earhart. When I was younger, I read lots of books about her and was fascinated with her desire to do something all by herself. While there is lots of information out there, I would love to have dinner with her to discuss the intimate details of why she loved flying so much, how it made her feel, and why she really wanted to fly solo around the world. I'd love to hear Amelia's life through her own voice. I would also make sure she got hooked up with a great GPS so we could find her and figure out where she crashed ;-) Oh the mystery!


5. Most influential person in your life? My answer will always be the same for this question: my maternal grandparents. Both wonderful in their individual ways.


6. One of the coolest things you've learned from FB, blogging or Pinterest? Heavens and Earth! How am I supposed to narrow it down to one?! haha Alright, one of my favorite things is all of the Mason jar ideas. They are such useful jars!! You can spray paint them, use them as vases, candle holders, as a way to organize  q-tips and cotton balls, as a way to plant and grow plants.... you name it!


7. Most interesting animal you can think of on the planet? If you know me, you should be able to anticipate my answer.... peacocks!!!!! Love them!! A rainbow on a bird. How awesome is that?!!


8. The song that takes you back to high school every time? Funny thing is I hear these songs on the radio quite a bit these days: "She Will Be Loved" / "This Love" by Maroon 5 ... oh and "Photograph" by Nickelback.


9. You have $500,000 to give to charity-- who would you give it to? Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan's Purse). I'd make sure it went directly to that charity, 100% to the kids!


10. Red high heeled shoes or leopard print flats? Leopard print flats!!


11. Preferred way to spend 3pm? In my sweat pants/PJs and sweatshirt, munching on a good snack. If I'm subbing, I am usually getting ready to leave school at this time (though it depends on where I am and how much grading I need to do!).


11 Questions for YOU:

1. What is one of your favorite quotes?
2. Your guilty pleasure?
3. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
4. Have you tried or are planning to do an idea you learned via Pinterest? If you tried something, were you pleased with the results?
5. Have you been out of the country before?
6. What three items are most valuable to you? Why?
7. How do you deal with stress? 
8. What kind of exercise do you enjoy?
9. Who inspires you? Why?
10. Do you have any specific goals for this year? If so, how do you feel that you're doing in accomplishing them?
11. What do you like to do in your free time?

Tagging 11


Can't wait to read everyone's 11 Things!


*I am trying out the scheduled post-- when this posts I'll be at school subbing :) 

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love these, for learning more about others! Crooked collarbones, huh? I would have never guessed. Now I need a picture to stare at. Oh, and I like the girl name you picked out!

<3 Andrea <3 said...

I love these too! i did mine :) so fun! :)