Sunday, April 22, 2012

An Evening with Apolo Ohno

I'm a weekend writer... I can't help it but that is how life is right now. I am in the last two weeks of the semester and have been subbing quite a bit this month. I'm happy to report that this weekend has been just as wonderful as the last one-- perhaps even better!

So I guess I better start in chronological order... Starting with FRIDAY!

 Buddy TV? 
On Friday night, Mom and I had the opportunity to see Apolo Anton Ohno speak (the most decorated Winter athlete of all time! YEAH!) !!!! She got an email last week about him being at the Elsinore Theater in Salem and impulsively we got tickets. He was the motivational speaker for this benefit by Project Assist and Med Assist. These programs help people without insurance to obtain medical services of all kinds in the Marion/Polk County. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get pictures (they were not allowed -- drove me crazy!) but I certainly did enjoy listening to him. Yes he is a great speaker and motivational. Yes you can see his muscles through his suit ;-)

It was awesome hearing him talk about how he learned to live with "zero regrets." He went through very intensive preparations for his last Olympics in 2010. I didn't know he was able to leg press 2,000 pounds! Talk about mental strength! When he talked about that everyone in the crowd was like "Whoah." Needless to say, he is inspirational and motivational. I also appreciate his passion for helping children be successful because he knows how easy it is to fall into traps. I would love to see him again!!!

Besides the whole experience was quite fun. Something that Drs. Niles and Frasier Crane (we've been watching lots of "Frasier" lately) would have enjoyed this event. I saw some very formally dressed ladies, men in top hats, there were hors d'oeuvres and wine. I was very amused and loved it!




I was semi-formal -
Blazer: White House Black Market ($70 on sale, it fit me perfectly and I love it)
Top: Romy ($15 - yes you can wear a cheap top with a spendy one -- also had to wear gold for this)
Jeans (not pictured): Dark skinny jeans from Hollister
Boots (see below): Cathy Jean

Delightful evening dahhhling... and then afterwards we drove to our 5 star hotel -- known as Granny's. :)


No comments: