Monday, April 30, 2012

Those Gray Days



Sometimes mornings don't start out right. Sometimes the whole day is bumpy from beginning to finish. Sometimes life feels bleak and irritating.

I will be honest, I don't like writing negative posts but life isn't always wonderful... I think I write about these days in hopes that someone will stumble across my blog and feel comforted in some way. I know how it feels to be lonely in a situation or moment. It's so nice when you find someone that understands and that says what you need to hear.

This morning started early with one problem after another, which eventually led to me crying when I had had my fill of all of it. I won't bother to review the issues, as really, they are minimal compared to everything else... but today, it just bummed me out. It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping to well for awhile and that just escalates problems to another level. Sigh.

I am sure that it can all be worked out one way or another, but it is hard to think of that in the midst of frustration. I wonder if you're nodding your head in agreement.

While the morning was rough, I am thankful that rest of the day was good. I got to spend time with one of my closest friends and that greatly improved my mood. I helped her box up items since she'll be moving soon and the physical activity was nice. We also got sushi for lunch and watched an episode of "Frasier." Ah... Saving grace!

There are silver lining to gray clouds, that I believe. However, I also believe gray clouds can be nudged aside by a good friend. I am always, always, always grateful for my close friends. Perhaps these days are just reminders of that -- it's hard to see through the hard stuff but once it settles you get a more refined view of your blessings.

I will say this: it is important to feel what you feel. If you feel frustrated -- be it. If you want to cry, let it out. These are the things that make us human and allow us to better connect to others. Empathy is what we need in order to make the world a bit brighter. Perspective helps too (hence why I do recognize my bad days/mornings are not the worst but they do matter to me and that is OK).

I don't know how your day was. I hope it was great and beautiful. I hope it was less gray than mine. Maybe it wasn't. So I will leave you with this:


Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

and a little bit of beauty....

No comments: