Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Hundreds of dewdrops to green the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
--George Cooper

As I said in my previous post, it was an awesome weekend! Yesterday was absolutely delightful. I love it when special events are lovely like this! :) We had a small family gathering at my aunt and uncle's house. We enjoyed sitting on the deck eating our meal and chatting. After dinner, we toured through my aunt and uncle's gorgeous garden. I just had to share a few pictures! The sunshine put a lovely spotlight on the flowers and made the colors so vibrant.

It was a great day to celebrate mothers!!




A cookie Mom and I thought was appropriate for Granny -- "The Queen" :)

With my momma

Hope that you all had a lovely weekend...whether it was celebrating that special woman in your life or remembering or doing the usual.


No comments: