Monday, July 5, 2010

From Sea to Shining Sea


(Flags on the bridge at Pacific City)

Even though the 4th of July wasn't the greatest day the evening was still good. After the worst part of the day, we came home and headed over to our neighbor's house for a BBQ (Gary and Nancy). It was very fun to hang out with them! They recently bought a fire pit so everyone had fun making s'mores. I enjoyed listening to the bangs and booms of the fireworks while we ate dinner.

As the sun began to set, lots of fireworks were set off and it was very noisy. All around the neighborhoods there were lots of fireworks that went up in the air. I was quite impressed some of them; nearly looked like professional quality. Very fun to watch!

In our cul-de-sac everyone gathered to set off their fireworks in the street. Unlike some years where it's been low-key, there was a good gathering of people. Joy's family & some extended family, neighbors across the street & their family, Gary & Nancy (and some of their friends), and some others were all out. Good number of people! I had so much fun hanging out with my friend Joy as I don't get to see her too often. I love how the 4th brings people together :)

I feel so blessed to live in this country despite it's many issues. I'm incredibly thankful for all the men and women who are WILLING to risk their lives to fight for our country-- I feel thankful for those in the past, present and future. They deserve so much respect and honor for what they do. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

~ I will post about my week about the beach tomorrow!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love the picture and glad that it was a good 4th, even under the sad circumstances!! Love ya gal!