Friday, May 27, 2011

5 on Friday: Random Tid Bits

So I've been thinking of ways to keep me blogging consistently. I love the "Multiple Blessing Mondays," "Imperfect Prose Thursdays*," and "Wordless Wednesdays" blogging themes. In the future, I hope to do a whole week that uses those specific writing themes- think it would be kind of fun. Anyway, I've been mulling over what I would like to do and I came up with "5 on Friday." This is where I might write a summary of the week or five thoughts, five tid bits of some kind, or even a specific/related list of five things. I will also include a picture that has five items/things in it to go along with each post. Sometimes the picture will be directly related to what I'm blogging about or sometimes it will just be a picture of five things. If you would like to do this too, feel free to join me! With that said, here is my first "5 on Friday" list: 
~
My painted nails :)
  1. One of my favorite country songs right now is "What Do You Want" by Jerrod Niemann. I really love the lyrics and beat of this song. Plus, Jerrod sings it with such an achy emotional tone. I love country music... so good! You can listen to it here (it will take you to his YouTube video).
  2. Confession (one of many!): I've been painting my nails lately... 
  3. Today I signed up for two exercise classes at the studio near my house. I signed up for belly dancing and Zumba (both for beginners). So excited to get into shape!
  4. Sunday is my last day at Hallmark.
  5. Baby cat and Cheese Puff have had three official meetings in these past few evenings. The first two meetings were pretty successful though both ended in them hissing at each other. Last night Baby cat (no not her real name- we haven't decided yet!) looked like she was submitting to Cheese, which is a good thing. He's been a great boy too! He hasn't gotten very defensive, only reacted when she's gotten too overconfident. I suppose when you're his size little kittens don't bother you the least bit. Still though, it is impressive how calm he's been. He can be rather touchy at times so it's great to see him be okay when the Lil Miss comes out for some exploring. I love my kitties!
And there ya have it folks, that's "5 on Friday." :)

*Here's a link to a the blog, Canvas Child/Imperfect Prose. This neat lady came up with this great writing idea for Thursdays.

1 comment:

<3 Andrea <3 said...

FUN!!! ok so what is impromptu thursday all about? I am trying to theme my weekly posts too so I blog more often :)