Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy 99th Birthday Granny!

"But the godly will flourish like palm trees and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon. For they are transplanted into the Lord's own house. They flourish in the courts of our God. Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green." (Psalm 92:12-14)

I am proud and happy to say "Happy Birthday" to my wonderful Granny. Today is her special day! Can you believe it 99 years ago she was born today? So much has changed in our country since 1911-- she has experienced so much in her lifetime. Truly amazing. One aspect of Granny that I love is that she always has a positive attitude even when it would be so easy to give up. I am so thankful that God has blessed her with such a great attitude. It is a privilege and an honor to call her my Granny!

When I saw Granny about two weeks ago we had a nice discussion (as usual!) during a meal time. I remember her saying how thankful she was to have been here to see all of us 'kids' grow up. I know I can speak for everyone when I say: Granny, we are too. We have been so blessed to have had this woman in our lives for so long. Thank you God!

No comments: