Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Bad Day That Got Turned Around

~
Yesterday was just one of those days...

I woke up to low-level droopy clouds, damp ground, and stickiness in the air. Not my favorite kind of day. I am not fond of days like that because I feel boxed-in and a little claustrophobic. I need the sunshine desperately!

Anyway.... so that didn't help. I also had been woken up from the sounds of my mom hollering to my sister about the cats - they were trying to coordinate with them and were making lots of ruckus....

Then another irritating thing happened after another and within a few hours of waking up, I was in a nasty mood. I typically am not an angry person and don't get super cranky, but man... oh man... I did not feel good yesterday.  All I wanted was out of my house and away from everything that was driving me crazy.

Part of my annoyed mood was that I had hoped to get my laundry done (seriously needed to do that!) and I am doing two ESOL courses online. I needed time and space for both of those, but could not get it...

I got myself ready for the day and around noon I gathered my stuff and left.

I went to the library- no, I didn't quite run away, though the thought of it was enticing. ;-) I breathed a sigh of relief once I sat down at a table and got myself organized. However, just as I was starting on an assignment someone very dear to me showed up. :) We didn't know that each other would be at the library at the time, and funny enough, he couldn't find a seat farther down so had to check out the area where I was. He didn't expect to see me there (though I thought he came my direction because I had sent a text 5 minutes prior to seeing him haha). So anyway, he sat next to me and we both worked on our own things. I started to feel a little better...

After doing a few hours of work, we decided to take a walk around the park. Much to my surprise and happiness, the sunshine came out and I felt it on my face. Mmm... That was just what I needed. I felt a lot better getting some fresh air...

I had to get home before 6 because I had my belly dance class with my neighbor-friend. Let me tell you, there's a lot to be said about dancing the day away. You may look silly, mess up multiple times, and struggle to get the right movements (even after multiple times of practice! haha)... but it is a great release. My neighbor and I laughed with each other quite a bit. We also were brave in being in the front row last night! I wasn't sure about that but it ended up being okay. The thing is, no one is really watching you in those classes. Everyone is attempting to their best and having a good time as well. I enjoyed being in the class full of ladies and our teacher is amazing. My teacher is Sedona-- who is popular in the belly dance world. She's won lots of awards and does tons of shows. I'd love to see her perform one of these days!

When dance class was over I went to my cousin's house for a family BBQ. I had a tasty burger, a healthy glass of Oregon Blossom wine, and enjoyed the company of my family.

So the day started out bad and got worse... and then it slowly dissolved and got better. Thank goodness! And today is alright...
~

P.S. This is my 100th blog post! Kinda cool.. yeah I'm a nerd ;-)

1 comment:

Simply Authentic said...

Glad the day turned out alright! You enjoyed two of my favorite coping strategies---a hefty glass o' wine and exercise. ;) Glad you could make it last night--was a blast to have everyone together. Hope the rest of this week is Pos-i-tive! :)