Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mid-Week Thoughts

It's Wednesday and I feel like writing a short post...

-- I forgot to write about Summer's dramatic exit... she did leave by giving us a decent storm! We had a few good claps of thunder and some lightning. Other parts of down got more of a storm than we did. Certainly made things exciting!

-- I'm almost over my cold but not quite yet. I subbed in the afternoon for a 3rd grade class on Monday and then nearly lost my voice after that. Seems like I'm more prone to losing my voice these days when I get sick. Thankfully, my voice is okay - just a lil raspy.

-- As soon as I finish writing this post I am going to study. Yes... Big groan. haha I have my ESOL Endorsement test on Saturday (I also paid $160 for this lovely experience, fyi) and I am dreading it. My professor loves to tell us, "No one has failed it!" You can see it as half-full: it is "pass-able." Or half-empty: I don't want to be the first to fail. Either way, I'm nervous and hope I will be prepared enough.

-- Mom gets her cast tomorrow so hopefully the doctor will have some good news about her wrist. I certainly hope it heals soon! Thankfully she hasn't been in much pain so that's a blessing. So unfortunate that she broke her right wrist.

-- My cats are driving me nuts! The baby, Cocoa Puff is one fiesty little thing. She is seriously obsessed with Cheese Puff-- and I mean more than the "Bella obsessed with Edward" type. Though unlike Bella's preferred type of "pouncing," Cocoa Puff is a little mean. She loves attacking poor Cheese. I keep telling him to toughen up and smack her. Yes, I'm encouraging violence ;-) haha Needless to say, I want them to get it figured out! I'm pretty sure yesterday we went from WWIII to WWX. 

-- Speaking of disasters, though this is on a much more serious note, I finally had a chance to read about the Wallow Fire in Eastern AZ. Wow! This fire is larger than the city of Phoenix. To give you an idea Phoenix is about 519 miles and this fire is 607 miles or 389,000 acres. The pictures are pretty amazing- talk about overwhelming. CNN has a good article and this website, Wildfire Today has a good post if you're interested.

-- Found this quote and thought it was good, "Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Hope you all are having a good week so far!

No comments: