Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jelly Legs

"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good." -Edwin Denby

I may not able to walk tomorrow. However, if I am able to I am sure I will feel every little muscle in my legs creak and groan....

This morning I took my first ever Zumba class. Oh boy. Let me tell you, if you want something to laugh at to make your day better-- watch me attempt to dance. 

May I remind you, I am nearly white as sheet (thankfully with a few freckles to livin' things up) and a redhead. In addition to sticking out from my coloring, I also am probably the world's most uncoordinated person. My left side is just there for symmetry- not for functioning. I'm sure of it. 

Also, if you ask me to move my arms around at the same time I'm supposed to do something with my legs... well, you're in for a treat. ;-)

Needless to say today's experience was quite humorous. I had a great time dancing my lil heart out but I'm pretty sure the smiles from the instructor were from my inability to stay on the beat.

Surprisingly and strangely, I was not too bad at the merengue movements. Amazing! Those were my brief shining moments. I'm sure Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tanioli would have raved about me at that point. I know I would have left Lenn Goodman speechless... ha. Oh the fantasies. :)

Anyway....despite my funny body shapes when dancing and feeling out of breath (oh yeah, my face was a lovely shade of pink after awhile), I had a glorious time and I love it. I'm looking forward to next Sunday!

No comments: