Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy First Day of Summer!

"Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you're not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool, give you a courage you don't have for the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out...." --Anonymous
~
Well, today is the official first day of SUMMER! That's right folks-- it is my favorite season of the year, SUMMER! Yippie!! Guess what else?! The weather actually matched what the calendar said about today. Oh man, what a glorious day-- and let me tell you, I sweat a lot (I'm sure you're glad to know).

Today was a good day underneath the hot summer sun, blue skies and of course, a few clouds. I spent most of the day with my friend Jennifer and we did a little shopping. I got myself a Jamba Juice and bought two little necklaces. I'm happy I didn't spend any more than I did! I've had a horrible time with my urges to buy things lately...

Anyway, after shopping we sat outside for awhile and talked, which was really nice. Nothing like a good conversation and being able to talk about anything! I feel so thankful to have Jennifer in my life :)

I ended the day with attending my first belly dancing class! I signed up for this series of classes several weeks ago but knew I wouldn't be able to attend the first two classes due to my work schedule. I was a little unsure of how I would fair through this class, but I ended up doing alright. I also enjoyed spending time with my neighbor, Nancy. We had fun laughing about our inabilities to do certain movements!

The rest of the evening was relaxing.... I took some pictures around the yard... ahh... summer. I love it!

Pictures to come tomorrow... Happy Summer!

No comments: