|Credit: Madden Photography, her shop at Etsy|
Now that I have looked back on 2011, I would like to set some goals for this year. I am not one for New Years resolutions, I think goal setting is a better approach. Ironically, so I feel that the word resolutions has a negative connotation. Resolutions are made quickly and often given up within the first week (sometimes in less time than that!). When I think of goals, I think about the word adjustments as well and that seems more relaxed. There is a lot I would like to improve upon, but I am very aware about how random life can be. So, goals, it is...
1. Faith : Spend time reading the Bible and attend a few church services.
2. Finances: Be mindful of money that is spent; be careful not to spend lots of money on little things that add up. Save as much as possible!
3. Giving: Donate to causes/ charities during the year.
4. Personal Style (somewhat funny to list this after the above goals, I know): Improve my wardrobe while being reasonable financially and sensible based on weather patterns in the PNW. If choosing to buy clothes, I will do so thoughtfully.
5. Health and Fitness: Try a variety of healthy foods and recipes. Make physical activity more of a priority- find some activity to enjoy consistently.
6. Literacy: Read more than I did last year! (won't be hard lol) I have a giant stack of books on my nightstand.
Big challenge of the year (and really my life): Seek the goodness in commitment. Learn how to make commitment positive, try to be less fearful of the word and its meaning. Try committing to something - even if it is small. Just try.
Do you have goals for this year?!