Friday, February 17, 2012

FPC, Day 17: Time

February Photo Challenge
Day 17
"Time"


This is how I spent time today... literally :) Oh, it was a very Happy Friday though! 

First stop at the mall was Jamba Juice. Funny thing is that they messed up on my drink and gave it to me, and made me a new one with all of the ingredients (I got the Peanut Butter Moo'd... new fav of mine!). So here I was, rarin' to go shopping and was double fisting it with two drinks. I didn't want to throw the other drink away, but didn't feel like asking every person I walked by if they wanted it (I did have the paper over the straw so it looked untouched).... I did ask one lady but she said no... then I decided to go sit on a bench for a few minutes and a gentleman asked me for directions to a store, and I questioned him on his need for a drink. After my two attempts I decided to not wait too much longer. Oh but thank goodness! I got a taker! A gal about my age sat on the other bench behind me and I said, "Excuse me.... By any chance do you like chocolate and bananas?" (that's what you ask when you randomly talk to a stranger right?) With slight hesitation she answered, "yes, sometimes." Then I told her my Jamba Juice issues and she gladly took the drink from me and was very gracious! I felt victorious!

Then.... my shopping adventures began.....

Didn't get this dress but am considering it. Very cute!
Spent lots of time in H & M. I am in deep love with this store these days. I have enjoyed this store but haven't found too much that looked good on me (sometimes their colors don't do so well for my fair skin). Not the case this time!!! I will say, having a 20% off-any-item-I-choose coupon made clothes even more appetizing. FYI:: if you sign up for their newsletter you get a 20% off coupon. Uh, and I have signed up a few more extra email addresses tonight.... ;-) 



This is sort of my "splurge item." I've been quite curious about Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. I purchased this at Ulta (stop before the mall for a few personal items) and was able to use a 20% off coupon on it (good thing, this dang stuff is $6.99 - reason why I haven't bought it until now). I tried it on tonight and am very happy with the Hibiscus color, smells lovely, does stay true to name and gives a lil color, and the balm is lightweight feeling. Good job Burt's Bees! I've been a fan of theirs for a while now and am pleased with this product. :)

Blue&Pink Plaid: American Eagle / Blue, Green & Pink Plaid: H & M/ Blazer: H & M/ Flats: H & M / Boots: Cathy Jean

Ta-da! Here are my clothing purchases from today! I finally, FINALLY got a blazer! I was able to use my coupon for it and saved about $6 (still came to about $28). While this is a more spendy item, it is good quality and something I will enjoy for a long time. I love how blazers can be worn in so many ways. 

Cheetah/leopard-- what's the difference....? These shoes make me happy too. I have been looking all over for a cute pair of flats and was glad that these fit. :) [side note: they're leopard, check here

Plaid shirts were items I have been wanting and I was happy that they looked good on me. Got a great deal on the A & E shirt-- got it on clearance for about $15. Yippie!

Boots weren't an expected purchase today (so technically could be a splurge item?!?!) but they feel great on my feet and for $30 bucks (70% off!), I didn't feel bad about taking them home. 

Great part of all this?! These are birthday presents. I was given some money to do some shopping so it felt great to finally get out and so some of that this afternoon. Have several more items on my list, of course. Trying to pace myself.

Anyhow.... the photo challenge of TIME was a very good one for today!  Happy FRIDAY!

No comments: